Wild, secluded, restorative
Awake to the sound of the sea, as rays from the rising sun play on the granite Hazards of Freycinet. Rock-hop to wander on your private beach. With windswept hair and the taste of the salt spray on your skin, yield to the invitation of an outdoor bath under the stars. Be spellbound by the moon rising over the bay. Prepare a gourmet extravaganza in your professionally equipped kitchen. Relax by a roaring fire. Thalia is off the beaten track – you are 2 km from the nearest road or neighbour. Thalia is off the grid – energy is provided only by the sun and wind. Thalia offers all the comforts your special holiday requires.
- Thalia Haven by Matthew Wong, 8 Dec 2017
- Thalia Haven as featured on Australia’s Best Houses, 9 Nov 2013
More than just you?
Thalia offers four separate buildings sleeping up to 8 people. You’ll find ample space for your group to cook, eat, and play together. The main building has space for a crowd, with huge open fireplaces in the dining and living rooms. The arrangement of bedroom pavilions around the central courtyard means there is plenty of space to be together – or to be apart.
The living room is stocked with games, puzzles, paints, yoga mats. And you are ideally located to take advantage of all the East Coast offers – Wineglass Bay, Freycinet, Douglas-Apsley, and Maria Island are pleasant day trips away from Thalia.
Thalia, the name
Thalia was a figure in Greek mythology. One of the three Graces, Thalia was an attendant of Aphrodite, Greek goddess of love. Thalia was also one of the nine Muses. Often called The Blooming One, Thalia is associated with the flourishing, bountiful aspects of Nature. So it is fitting that Thalia’s owners have coaxed a vibrant garden out of the rocks surrounding the house, as well as a 1,000-tree olive grove!
- The story behind Australia's best bath: Owner of stunning ‘haven’ in Tasmania reveals how she transformed her ‘weekender’ into a spectacular holiday home by Laura House, Daily Mail Australia, 15 December 2019
- Thalia Haven – July 2019 by Belinda, John, and Archie, Archie’s Tassie Adventures – Puppy friendly places to stay and play in Tasmania, 12 July 2019
- Top Pet-Friendly Travel Destinations Australia by Carla Francis, Petbar Magazine, page 76, Issue #04, July 2019